This is a delicious Russian salad that my friend Madina introduced me to! She brought a giant bowl of it to ATP with her for us to snack on before commencing lots of beers and bands. Apparently in Russia they make tons of the stuff and keep it for days to feast on. I know why, because it is VERY tasty. Perhaps it doesn’t look like the most attractive thing in all the land but I thought I’d recreate it and show you how to make it. Good for your Christmas and New Years hangovers..!
What I made this evening would last a couple of days as a snack or for 2/3 people as a main meal.
You will need:
♥ 4 Carrots
♥ 5 Medium sized potatoes (I used marie piper, but use any)
♥ 3 Hard boiled eggs
♥ 5 Mini pickled gherkins
♥ 6 Spring onions
♥ 1 cup full of frozen petit pois (or fresh!)
♥ A handful of fresh chopped Parsley
♥ 1 Lemon
♥ Salt and pepper to season
1. Peel your carrots and potatoes and chop them into tiny pieces. Boil them for 10-15 mins or until soft. Also cook your peas (a couple of minutes).
2. Finely chop up your boiled eggs, spring onions, parsley and gherkins. Mix them all together in a large bowl.
3. Drain your peas, potatoes & carrots and mix together with the rest in the large bowl.
4. Stir in 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise, a squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. Season to taste!
5. Serve with a bit more chopped parsley on top and ta-da. Delicious dins!
A pattern I made from some illustrations I did at work. I love navy and white together.
Autumn! My favourite season. The best clothes. Layers, jumpers, coats, tights. I always love loads of things in the shops at the time of the year which is dangerous. I’m going on holiday at the end of December to Dubai (my boyfriend grew up there) and i’m fearing all of these items are too ‘English summer rain’ style for a middle eastern country! I don’t really do swimwear though…
1. Kenzo Eye-print sweater from Net-A-Porter – I love sweater jumpers at the moment, they are so comfy and look quite smart with a white blouse underneath, this one has sold out : ( but Monki do some nice ones that are a good substitute!
2. Lime green necklace from Topshop – The texture and colour of this necklace is so nice. It feels all ‘matte’ but at the same time shiny. Does that make sense? Anyway it feels nice and I want it. That green is the perfect green!
3. Bright blue ‘Boucle Raglan Coat’ from Jaeger - Oh jeez, perfect shade of blue. A lot of their other coats have gone in the sale so i’m holding out for this one. Come on….
4. Bright pink chiffon shirt dress from Topshop – Maybe this is ‘holiday’ friendly? It’s very bright and fun.
5. Orla Kiely glasses from Boots – I have some stupid eye condition at the moment from contact lenses and i’ve been wearing my glasses everyday (painful), it has made me realise I should probably get a second pair… right?